Date: January 10, 2020
Time: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Location: UTD – Naveen Jindal School of Management (800 W Campbell Rd, Richardson, Texas 75080)
No prerequisites required
4 Hours Continuing Professional Education
The audit profession is one of many that is slow to embrace change. For a profession that focuses on operational auditing (efficiency, economy, effectiveness), many audit shops do not have these E’s optimized. The subject of Agile Auditing has become an emerging topic in our industry. Many of the basic premises of Agile Auditing are things that all audit shops should be doing. Regardless, GoldSRD has taken the basics of Agile Auditing and applied the standards that all GoldSRD attendees are accustomed to: continuous communication, strong relationships and a transparent audit process. Spend the day with us learning the Gold Standard for Agile Auditing!
- Understand the basics of Agile Auditing and how to apply them to your current methodology
- Discuss a Methodology to Audit Everything!
- Learn About a Useful Exercise to Determine (prior to the planning cycle) How Risky an Engagement will be
Tali Ploetz is an industry recognized expert in Governance, Risk, Internal Audit, Fraud and Compliance. Her personal mission is to provide practical training and advice designed to strengthen team member skillsets and improve corporate internal control environments to ultimately prevent issues / internal control breakdowns by delivering coursework covering:
- Leadership & Executive Presence
- Executive Communication and Political Savvy
- How Regulatory Compliance Impacts Internal Controls and Expense Initiatives
- Negotiation with Examiners and Auditors
- Finding Breakdowns in Processes & Calculating the Impact on Internal Controls
Participants will benefit from her executive perspective, which provides a strong foundation geared specifically toward moving risk, compliance and internal audit team members to the next level.