Date: March 2, 2018
Location: Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas, 500 West Las Colinas Boulevard, Irving, TX 75039
Time: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Speaker: Raven Catlin
Topic: ERM: COSO 2017
- Are you looking to implement an ERM process?
- Are you tasked with providing assurance on the risk management practices?
- Do you need a concise resource to understand the updated COSO ERM framework (released 2017)?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this half day seminar is for you. Participants will be guided through the major changes of the COSO ERM 2017 framework as well as receive an introduction to other viable ERM frameworks. Through facilitated group discussions, individual activities, and small group exercises, participants will learn the key elements and requirements of COSO ERM 2017 and what to look for to evaluate ERM effectiveness. Your facilitator will provide insights to COSO ERM implementation projects and “refresh” projects for COSO ERM 2017. We will discuss culture, governance, risk appetite, and technology and its impact to internal audit activities under COSO ERM 2017.
At the end of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- List the key elements and principles of COSO ERM 2017
- Compare and contrast the original COSO ERM framework and other ERM frameworks (ISO 31000, Kings)
- Create a plan to assess the effectiveness of risk management in your entity, including assessments on culture and governance activities discussed in COSO ERM 2017
- Introductions & Learning Objectives
- COSO ERM 2017 Elements and Principles and Contrast to Other Frameworks
- Impacts of COSO ERM 2017 on business risk management activities
- Providing Assurance on the Effectiveness of Risk Management Practices
No prerequisites required
4 Hours Continuing Professional Education