Join us for the first meeting of the 2017-2018 Chapter Year!
Date: September 8, 2017
Location: InterContinental Dallas
Location: 15201 Dallas Pkwy, Addison, TX 75001
Time: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Registration cost before September 1: Walk-ins: $35 – Members and $45 – Non Members
(Note: Refunds will not be issued after 5 pm on the Friday prior to the meeting)
Registration cost after September 1: Walk-ins: $45 – Members and $55 – Non Members
Meeting Title: Mitigating the Risk Surrounding a Lack of Effective Communication in Audits: Through Effective Communications and Emotional Intelligence
Exceptional opportunity to learn vital communication & Emotional Intelligence skills from highly acclaimed speaker Julie Kowalski of Spizzerinctum Group!
A MUST ATTEND
As an Internal Auditor, you already face a multitude of challenges, from operating from far-flung locations to navigating multiple regulatory regimes. The demands are hard enough without adding wasted time and energy on misunderstandings, incomplete communications, re-work and strenuous follow up.
In this highly interactive and dynamic session you will learn the new skills & behaviors required for success in the 21st century world of effective communication and emotional intelligence. We will also learn how to leverage communications and our emotional intelligence (up, down, and across functional areas) in audit work to save hours of re-work and frustration!
Don’t miss this opportunity to significantly increase the effectiveness of your communications and work as well as save time, money, energy and frustration! A must attend for all auditors regardless of level or experience!
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Have a list of words they need to REMOVE from and ADD to their vocabulary
- Understand how communication creates supportive or defensive environments
- Turn complaints into requests
- Frame communications (oral and written) in a positive manner to ensure clear understanding
- Influence others and help them “see” differently through effective communications
- Understand EXACTLY what Emotional Intelligence IS and IS NOT
- Understand the five levels of Emotional Intelligence and how you master each level
- How emotional intelligence is critical to interviews and investigations
- How a high level of Emotional Intelligence can help you more effectively (and efficiently) engage bosses, team members, stakeholders, users, customers etc.
Who should attend?
Auditors, Financial Staff, Project Managers, Directors, Department heads and anyone else that is sick of wasting effort, time, money and energy that comes from “normal” auditing communications.
CPEs Offered: 4 Hours Continuing Professional Education
About the Speaker:
Julie Kowalski is a seasoned thought leader, consultant, executive coach and facilitator. She’s also an energetic, and spirited professional trainer. Through her own working history, Julie has gained valuable insight and acumen into the science of what it takes to start and run successful businesses as well as the art of earning and retaining customer and employee loyalty. Julie maintains working relationships with a wide variety of business owners and executives from small family-owned businesses to Fortune 100 companies. Julie was named one of the “World’s Most Creative Thinkers” by bestselling author Seth Godin (Purple Cow) and she possesses over 25 years of first hand business experience.
Julie’s energy, lively style, sharing of stories to relate the concepts as well as her command of her subject and passion for her topic make her very easy to listen to and learn from. The half day will fly right by!